PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Deborah Lawrie: world's oldest female commercial pilot
Old 15th Mar 2020, 01:10
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by cooperplace
Sorry for my typo. Unfortunately the forum doesn't allow edits as far as I'm aware, to thread titles.

At risk of being shot down in flames, I ask myself if women might make better pilots than men. Reasons: no testosterone poisoning, possibly better attention to detail. I hasten to add that I'm a recreational pilot only, and I've seen pilots with too much testosterone. My comments don't apply to pilots in commercial aviation.
It all stems back to attitude and training really.

I fly with male and females aged between 20 to 60. I’m slightly more alarmed in the growing laziness in those at the bottom of the age scale, Male and Female alike. I don’t have much confidence in these people when they get commands and the stuff gets messy.

It stands out when I fly with the young 2 striper, male or female one day, then the ex bush prop guy or girl the next day. Both have the same hours on the type, but the attitude/ability between both can be quite disturbing at times. One group listens to me, the other does not. I get snappy with one, and not to the other!

But to your point, the egotistical Male that exists in GA has been alive and well for a while now. Insta Pilots I think they are called now right?

Last edited by PoppaJo; 15th Mar 2020 at 01:23.