PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2020, 22:36
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by VariablePitchP
The problem with this view is that it crumbles under the slightest questioning.

I highly doubt that after the first week of the the second world war people were sticking their heads in the sand and laughing it off on the basis that by that point no one had actually been killed yet and therefore bee stings, shark attacks and accidents involving ice cream dispensers had still killed more people, and therefore we’re a bigger threat to life?

More people die of flu than in car crashes in the U.K., I suspect you still wear a seatbelt... And more people die of old age than cancer, I still think it’s worthwhile researching cancer treatments though!

Flu is not COVID, they are totally totally different and one has zero effect on the other one. Apathy is more dangerous than the virus itself.

Not a daft comparison at all. Swine flu, 10 years ago, infected over a billion people. Only reason there wasn’t 50 million dead as with the Spanish flu was luck as it wasn’t a serious disease. You may think that people in the 1900s lived in caves and still worshipped trees but sadly not. They had exactly the same number of ways to cure Spanish flu as we have for COVID. Zero, nada, zilch. Tell me again that it’s a daft comparison.
Just watched the guy who discovered Ebola, and helped identify Covid-19, make that comparison to Spanish flu, you’re right on the ball there, is not daft.

Other news, Will be interesting to see if Bojo will agree to the £7.5bil lifeline to UK airlines that Virgin will request on Monday. Right now I’m feeling very insecure and seriously fearing for my job....