PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2020, 21:00
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The language being used in the media is a huge issue. If I hear “LOCKDOWN” one more time!

Most of our home delivery from Sainsburys was marked out of stock so didn’t arrive yesterday. Popped to my local supermarket to buy the missing bits to find scenes akin to an end of the world zombie movie! Absolutely ridiculous.

This is serious for those that are vulnerable ie the elderly and/or those with serious underlying health conditions, but I’m far more concerned about the economic crisis developing. This will be catastrophic for our industry and others. Thousands of people will be made jobless shortly but meanwhile many more people will probably die from normal influenza and falling down their stairs at home. Let alone the roads! I’m not insensitive to those that will be affected by this, which includes members of my own family. But the world needs to stop and have a real think about the ramifications of alarmist coverage.

Harsh as it may sound, the world will keep on spinning once this temporary crisis is overcome and if millions are unemployed the social problems that follow will make the Corona virus outbreak look very insignificant.

And as for daft comparisons to the 1918 Spanish flu.....come off it. The world has moved on significantly since the oxygen and aspirin used a century ago!