PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Redundancies- would you take it
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2020, 18:08
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Apple Tree Yard
"Looking forward to a Cov19 free world..." I'm more looking forward to the world regaining its sanity. There's been 3 deaths in HK, about 45 in the USA, and approx 5000 worldwide. Sad losses for all involved. However, SARS killed almost 300 in HK alone in 2003. In approx 2009, Swine Flu killed almost 20,000 alone in the US. Last year 80,000 americans died of the flu. Never mind car accidents, opiods, cancer etc, etc. The regular flu infects millions each year and killed 34,000 in the USA alone in 2018. I don't remember the entire world shutting itself down and driving it into an economic depression. Time for most of the people to put on big boy pants and come back to reality. The biggest and most hysterical overreaction in modern times. (all numbers from the CDC website).
Yes — this.

The overreaction and panic has always scared me a great more than the disease. Especially with all the media hype. An internet created crisis.

It doesn’t help that the ChiComms lie about everything and then some creating a credibility gap.

And that some are using the event as a political weapon.

To be sure, during an outbreak of ANYTHING cruise ships and airplanes are not good places to be and if a person doesn’t have to be on one it doesn’t hurt not to be. But the crazy capital markets and halting of normal life seems just that — crazy.

Things will restart with a vengeance but until that airplanes get parked. No big deal ride out the storm and there’ll be lots of flying to be had downline. Whether that’s at CX or anywhere else. But perhaps this is a golden opportunity to move on IF a decent package were issued.

Can’t see the on the cheap’ airline as doing this though.