PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A walk through the NAS REFERENCE GUIDE.
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2003, 19:03
Skin-Friction

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike (I love Dick) Smith

Bush Pelican et al

Don't you love the way that this Mike Smith is filmed flying the Navajo with his eyes 100% out of the cockpit showing what a good vegemite he is by keeping a good lookout.

I fly these machines commercially and I can say that there is no way you can fly one single pilot with this 100% eyes out the window technique. His demonstration would make me laugh if this issue wasn't so frigging serious and there weren't lives at stake.

Between aircraft and engine monitoring, approach briefings, company paperwork and in flight fuel and other calculations, particularly on short sectors, I defy anyone to fly a chieftain the way this goose is carrying on.

No radio frequencies on the new charts!!!

On the CD under the heading "Why we need the NAS" Mike Smiths reason appears to be " Australia has long been in need of airspace reform" - IS IT???

Also on the CD "Next June we're going to lose our MBZs"

As I keep saying - why the hell would you want to get rid of MBZs that have been promulgated for very good reason.

Someone is going to have a nasty accident over these unnecessary airspace changes. Should this be the case, in the light of the heavy opposition to them and absolutely no justification for them, then I feel the people responsible for these changes, including the two Smiths, should be brought to trial.

Is anyone in agreeance with this concept?