PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will survive this and be here in 6 months ?
Old 13th Mar 2020, 10:18
ATC Watcher
Pegase Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whow, do not put words in my post that I did not use. I am not looking at counting bodies and collecting old airlines models.. This is not the Corona virus that will not change things on its own , It , like every accident a combination of factors . the MAX and the corona effect on airlines,for Boeing ( a lot of airlines will at best defer at worst cancel orders , a few will no longer exist when this is over , etc..)
The virus seems to have the same effect to the people as to the airlines, the old/weak ones with pre-condition illness will die first .And since there were quite a few of them before this virus, that will change a lot for all of us here.

If I take my branch , ATC, most of the ANSPs today are privatized or run on separate budgets and depend on airlines paying fees, with less of them flying around, less fees coming in , halving the North Atlantic traffic for instance at flip of a tweet will have huge financial implications. . .They can continue to pay salaries and maintain facilities for some time but after that ? Stopping training and forcing people to retire early ? we did that after 9/11 and less in 2008, and we are still paying the bill as staff shortages are huge.
Same in most of the air travel industry . We could be crippling our industry for years to come ..

As to switching off my phone and not listening to the news. I am not a fan of the ostrich. And absolutely , yes we are all in this together...