PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast City Airport-2
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2020, 22:40
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is not a good position for Bhd at all. Government now saying they don't expect this virus to peak until maybe May/June.
3i invest for capital gains and profits. It will be a long time before Bhd ever recovers to near current levels, if at all. 3i will be considering this and if they can't see a reasonably quick possibility of a return to near normal, they will be considering their position. Currently, Bhd probably doesn't carry a value anywhere near what they paid for it. Economic reality is flowing over us like a major storm and it is not easily stopped. It is all very well bold statements about re-placement services from Bhd, but who is going to take that chance now? Many airlines are now in a battle to survive, talk of expansion just stupid.

Capitalism has given most of us a very good life over many years now, but it doesn't always behave well. Now is one of those times and at the end of this, there will be many casualties. A process of renewal, but not nice. It is something I give warnings about every day.