PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2020, 21:11
Berbly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BluSdUp
Why do I pick NEXT February?
Well, considering they just closed Norway as I was out fishing today, I would say the hysteria has just begun!
( 600 cases and 1 dead ! )
Anyway
I could be wrong, but no airline , in Europe needs a single extra pilot the next 13 months!!
Easter starts 1 April 2021 and then summer starts with a lot of pent up " travel energy" amongst the survivors. Airlines and folks alike.
As an old Head of Training I happen to know a thing or two about recruitment and providing the Max is back and the Corona is backing off, there is no point in committing to new pilots until well after newyear.
I hope I am wrong, and feel free to remind me if I am,

Stay healthy!
Cpt B
Sounds like Blu has caught the supposed hysteria from Norway! Picking random numbers and dates out of the air does not a sensible analysis make.

Considering there has not been a virus like this for a generation, there is no relevant comparison. Watching interviews with actual professional analysts, they say there is a pick up in holiday bookings for this winter (ie delaying their summer holidays), so I suspect we will see a quick economic pick up in the second half of this year.

I’m going to stick to the professional advice from scientists and economists rather than guess work based on pure speculation.