PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2020, 23:56
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45
I'm not criticising Loganair like you seem to be believing. Eastern could open a base here but they've chosen to prioritize Southampton and at the moment Blue islands doesn't seem interested in the Cardiff to Jersey route.
I mean UK government, they will be wanting the English airports prioritised and I never said they were giving any sort of support ie money but I'd be surprised if they hadn't talked to these airlines about which airports to prioritise and I'm sure Cardiff will be low down on the list.
Could it just simply be that more money can be made from other Airports, because theres plenty of alternatives from BRS for people from South Wales?
If I was running an Airline I'd be looking at routes that fill seats and make money, not routes that have effectively been chartered previously or had money thrown at them somehow.
It's not favouritism as you make it sound. It's business sense.
It's easy to say English Airports gets this and that. But realistically there is only one Welsh Airport. There arent many England-England routes. It just happens to be the geography coupled with money makers.