PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2020, 16:35
boswell bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattandmoosdad
Hi all, first time poster here and apologies, no connection to military aviation other than a keen interest in such things.

My son has his first induction evening with our local ATC squadron tomorrow. He's aviation mad, devoured the contents of their website and has talked of nothing since we got the date for his first evening.

I've partly read through this thread (it's huge and may have missed relevant posts) with interest but left wondering: are there any airframes left within the ATC for opportunities for flying and/or gliding and despite what has been going on with the air experience side of things (and I can't pretend to fully understand) is the organisation still worth being part of for an aviation enthused youngster?

Regards MAMD
Hi

Yes there are still AEF Squadrons flying Tutors and VGS flying Viking gliders and deliver Part Task Training (Simulators) the gliding side is much reduced but in theory there are more aircraft to come back online.

Also yes the organisation is still worth being part of for an aviation enthused youngster.