PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA pilots worried about employment 2021
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2020, 03:53
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DUXNUTZ
Hopefully not one of these captains that makes you sit in the airplane between flights (extended sits) with no air. Good way to add to fatigue and result in making a mistake and getting hung out to dry by FOQA. Save money sure, but don’t make your experience tougher at work to save a couple bucks.
I just judge it based on the scenario, if there are paxing crew or a passenger staying back for a wheel chair then I’ll leave it.

If I see an opportunity to safely save some fuel I take it because ultimately thats increasing the chances of us keeping our jobs in the long term and it’s also quieter for the pit crew and other pilot doing the walk around. Besides, the pit crew go to the trouble of plugging ground power in when they probably have far better things to do.

Last thing I want to do is make passengers or paxing pilots more fatigued than they already are!

People that try to do a good job and also happen to be doing what management want aren’t the enemy. The enemy are the loan repayments.

A lot of employees see it as just a job and if it closes its not a massive problem so they won’t be looking to save or help and that’s pretty normal in the workplace. For us it’s a different story.

Just my bit. If you look at what the 737 clears and divide it out across how many flights a day we have it’s actually not that much so the small savings are proportionately a lot more than most realise.