PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian interim report on Max 737
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2020, 00:37
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was saying this from the get-go and for which I was castigated as some sort of pariah for apparently throwing fellow pilots under the bus.

Well let me speak plainly. I'm f'ing certain that I wouldn't be so f'ing gash as to allow a stab trim runaway to get so out of hand that I couldn't then control the aircraft... it's basic airmanship people.... and yet those twerps / 'children of the magenta line' did precisely that (twice) and for which I blame their innate ability (or the lack of it), along with the pilot aptitude testing & selection processes in both Lion Air and Ethiopian (or the lack of it), and also their training & checking (or the lack of it).

Aside from Boeing introducing a piece of software / hardware that caused the problem, both were preventable accidents using Boeing's own procedure / memory item for this (as exemplified by the actions of the crew on the sector that occurred immediately prior to the Lion Air crash wherein, with the precise same problem, the correct memory item procedure was actioned in a timely manner - much due to an as yet unidentified / ghost jump-seat pilot whom evidently instructed the befuddled operating crew how to rectify the problem - and that flight thereafter continued without further event or mishap. QED).