PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA pilots worried about employment 2021
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2020, 23:21
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn’t try to twist my post it into something it isn’t. I’m not attacking people it’s just not what I’m about.

All I’m saying is that the real shareholders in this company are indeed the pilots. Right now I’m seeing and hearing of companies larger than ours failing or close to failure. If Virgin fails nearly everyone bar the pilots will simply find a similar paying job in the home town.

All I’m saying is that it might be worth considering forgetting about all the nonsense and noise (JB wiggy hello everyone) and trying to find a way to help save a few dollars which over 600 flights a day could actually make a difference.

I personally seeing nothing wrong with interacting with passengers and saving fuel where it has no adverse affect on safety. Idle decents, track shortening precooling the cabin to then turn the APU off once 2/3 of the passengers have left and turning it back on just before boarding would in my opinion make a difference due to the scale of the operation and the high interest borrowings involved. Besides it’s quieter during set up/walk around.

My post is about keeping us in a job that’s all. People are pretty afraid to come up with constructive ideas for fear of not being one of the boys, I fear seeing the place close more. Anyway I’m happy to be flamed if it convinces some to help keep the creditors away from OUR investment. BG JB PS come and go you and I will hopefully be here for years to come.