PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your helicopter carbon footprint?
Old 9th Mar 2020, 16:18
FairWeatherFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's 2020. It's interesting to note that one school child has become rather prominent in spreading the word of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to the masses and politicians. I don't know if anyone's done the study but I've got an idea what would come out if one sampled the population and looked at viewpoint and certainity of viewpoint on climate change by (life remaining, gender, education level).

Nature has also thrown one of its rare but inevitable googlies at us which may have far more effect in the short term on lowering consumption than the inaction from complacent populations and governments. I'm not sure if any of us can accurately predict the effect it'll have over 2020. Ironically, it may help save Flybe!

I forget who it is was but there was a woman on Radio 4 recently who pointed out indirectly that aviation industry does not generally respond (as in explain the whole issue) to the carbon issue well. As she, I and Ascend Charlie have pointed out, it's not about one aspect but every aspect of our lives that can be reviewed from a carbon point of view.

I don't know who "rev'ed them up" but two of my friend's children are now almost vegetarian/vegan based on climate change due to the desire for a more protein efficient diet, cf "Veganuary". The parents are certainly not "left wingers" and I'd wager both children are brighter than the average PPRuNer.

Last edited by FairWeatherFlyer; 9th Mar 2020 at 16:20. Reason: clarity on "respond"