PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 9th Mar 2020, 14:41
VH DSJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
VH,

Glad it worked out for you. Just to round out the story for your fellow Aussies, in general terms, how difficult was it to get your FAA type rating added to your Australian license ?
It wasn't that difficult; just needed to get this limitation removed on the FAA ATP certificate which says "This certificate is subject to pilot-in-command limitations". Our CASA licensing authority didn't like that on the license and their argument was that all type ratings issued by CASA are 'command type ratings' so the FAA one had to be of the same standard.

Removal of that PIC limitation was easily done by logging 25 hours of 'PIC under supervision' (which was merely any PF sector flown by myself), recorded and signed off by the Captain. That log plus logbook were then taken to the FAA office for the reissue of a new FAA ATP without that limitation. Once that was done, CASA was almost happy. They were only completely happy once I completed my company IPC and had it recognised by a CASA approved Flight Examiner.