PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2020, 07:47
Manx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
The point I was making in an earlier post is that I didn’t think Luton will be affected as badly as other airports as many travellers are Eastern European’s visiting friends and family or travelling to and from work. I don’t think this sort of traffic would be as badly affected as UK based leisure and business travel where I am seeing a decrease in passengers speaking English. Saying that I can see a time when all travel will be restricted by government.

The point about English being a second language was that those passengers still mainly originate from the UK at Luton so I would not describe them as world travellers unlike airports like Heathrow and Gatwick where language and accent does indicate world travellers.
So the languages spoken at airports are generally reflective of the destinations flown to and in Lutons case that will be British and Europeans flying between Britain and Europe. Seems too obvious to be so regularly made a point of!?

I know of Britons, Southern Europeans and Eastern Europeans who are limiting their travel at the moment. I know others who are carrying on regardless for now. I'm told that media in Poland, for example, are being equally as panicked as the likes of the Daily Mail and people are reacting to that. So I'm not sure why Eastern Europeans need to be called out again as being somehow different in their approach.