PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2020, 01:23
CW247

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
China appears to be getting back to normal (Wuhan not included). Road Traffic is increasing, air traffic I would guess 70-80% (government is paying airlines to fly for the next month), people are back at work and schools opening. Temperature and 'health' barcode checks remain and larger restaurants still have their chairs on tables to avoid large gatherings, though are offering takeaway.Control over the official narrative, social media and press may have allowed the Chinese to keep the the truth away but has also been instrumental in controlling mass hysteria. At home mass hysteria has resulted in panic buying. Something I have not seen here at all.

Any government of the world knows Humans are largely idiotic, and need to be manipulated for their own good. It happens even in the finest Liberal democracy in the world, just when it happens in China it's a little more overt. On WhatsApp and FB, everyday I get to see grown adults acting immature and irresponsible by sharing pathetically lame conspiracy theories not realising what they're contributing to. 24hr rolling news coverage is exaggerating the reality of the virus and the tabloid press (the Murdoch empire largely speaking) are doing the manipulation in order to sell more stories. The aviation industry is going to sh*t and people losing their jobs because of the breeding of irrational fears. Freedom of speech is a double edged sword and here we see another fine example of it.