PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue Islands
Thread: Blue Islands
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2020, 00:05
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloud1
To be fair, I also read your comment as distasteful whether you meant it that way or not.

“ I have been waiting for BEE to pull off the route. Now, they have ! “

Not that you need me to clarify but BE didn’t pull
off the route, they went out of business. Two very different things. Pulling off a route is a voluntary decision, closing the business down wasn’t.
Well, this is a lesson to me in how someone can find offence in something that was meant without any intention of causing offence. All that I was trying to say was that I was expecting BEE to find the competition from EZY on the Manchester route to be too strong to withstand. The other comment about BEE pulling off the route was meant to acknowledge the irony that they had now done this- but involuntarily. There was never any intention to appear to be gloating over what has happened, or of wanting it to happen. The whole commentary was meant to convey to garstag that there was little prospect of BCI operating the same route in competition with an airline of EZY’s strength. And that alone. If I have caused offence, I apologize for having posted something that could be taken that way. I repeat, that was never the intention. However, this episode has illustrated to me that one’s best intentions can be misconstrued quite easily, perhaps the more so if someone is of a mindset to identify another person’s comments as worthy of an interpretation that was never intended ; or even thought of as likely to be understood in that manner.