PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 8th Mar 2020, 20:05
Kenny

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Dear God, why do I bother using words like may, if or probably, when people don’t actually read what’s written. I should have just used bullet points for the mental midgets amongst us.

Originally Posted by Climb150
I am simply trying to voice an alternative/opposite view. I try to do this to stimulate debate. I am sure you have information I am not privvy too and maybe vice versa.

Many airlines around the world have cut schedules and asked people to go on leave. I dont recall any of these saying they would be filing for bankruptcy any time soon because of it.
No you didn't simply voice an alternative view, you made it seem like you knew exact facts and figures when they were patently incorrect and you didn’t. Oh and BTW, saying you ”do this to stimulate debate” is simply a forum friendly way of saying you like to stir the sh!t, which we all know is a pastime Australians are well versed in.

Also, at no point in my post did I say bankruptcy’s were either being mentioned or on the horizon. What I did say, was that IF (Its a two letter word, one syllable and unambiguous in understanding). If this drags on, there was a chance the initial number of any furloughs would probably start at 700. It’s my personal opinion but if UAL wasn’t prepared to have an extra 35 pilots start class, how long do you think they’re going to pay 700 pilots to do nothing and accrue 16% 401k payments and medical benefits, in addition to 50 hours of pay each month?

It’s easy to look up seats available on a web site but I fly the aircraft that make a huge chunk of money for UAL, in the other direction across the Atlantic and not only have I seen the loads starting to get lighter but my bid packet for next month looks like someone has taken a pair of scissors to it. So again, whether rightly or wrongly, the travelling public are panicked and deciding not to fly. That is simply not good for any of us and hopefully does not continue for long.