PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK to Leave EASA
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2020, 14:46
Diesel_10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rant Alert!
JAR Ops, JAR 145 - developed by UK and Dutch - adopted by more than 120 authorities from 1992 onwards. Result, Safety improves and standardisation is fully understood.

French and Germans get all EU macho and develop Part 145, Part M, Part 66 and Part 21 by instigating all of it as EU Law - Result? Baffling amount of bureaucracy, rules and regulation changes introduced via NPA's, Guidance leaflets, AMOCs and God knows what else - oh and the infamous Comment Response Tool whereby everyone who is approved can whinge to Cologne but you still get what Cologne has pre-proposed. Yes those airworthiness 'experts' that have huge expense accounts, free car and tax advantages because they can speak two or more languages. Ask for a decision its like the Airbus 24 hour desk......we'll get back to you.

The whole idea was to have level playing field. When the Eastern European countries were added, they embraced the rules and regulations and carried on with what they were doing....much like the French.

So QM - CAMO Postholder wanting to renew his Part 66 Licence with 5 types (most of which are commercially irrelevant) £382 for 5 years from the UK CAA.
Co-worker, Post-Holder Airworthiness Review. Part 66 with 17 types (I kid you not) £15 for 5 years including Recorded delivery from Budapest

Recently I asked for the Approval Certificate from a Bulgarian Part M. It reads........Boeing All Types. Airbus All Types Embraer All Types. We however have to go through a rigmarole of Risk Assessment, Qualifications, Baseline AMP etc etc.......

Don't get me started on the 'Greying Out' of types not worked on in the last 6 months from your Approval Certificate. There is not one authority outside the UK that pursues this regime.

We have never been part of EASA. We have never had the 'Level Playing Field' - The CAA is nothing more than a Business. Profit and Loss.