PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 8th Mar 2020, 14:32
Kenny

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by plotplot
Can you elaborate on this. I read something about this in one of the United threads about how XJT can only operate up to X% of united fleet size, but the validity of that was also refuted. Do you have exact facts and figures?
I’d have to look at the contract to give you exact figures but there is a scope clause that limits express airframes based on the number of main line airframes. From memory, the number of 70 seaters are more restricted than the 50’s but still limited nonetheless. I’m away at the moment and jet lagged so I’ll dig up the clause when I get home.

Originally Posted by Climb150
Kenny,

Pacific routes are less than 10% of Uniteds Intl routes. I just checked loads to some Euro destinations and while lower than normal the aircraft are far from Empty. South America makes up a huge chunck of international traffic too.

Cases are 444 in the USA at the moment. A pandemic it isnt in the USA. People get panicked by the media telling them they may die. Comments like yours fuel this panic with "its going to be bad for a long time".

When Spanish Flu came through my country in 1919, 5 million people were infected over 9 months. The death rate was 0.008%. With modern medicine we have now that rate would have been considerably less.

On Kenny's advice I am off to buy toilet paper.
10% is not the figure we’ve been quoted in internal emails and I can tell you from personal experience, most of the intl expansion of the past 5 years has been China and Asia. But this isn’t confined to Asia anymore, is it? Intl. loads are down across the board.

I didn’t say it was a pandemic in the US but what I did say is that it will probably spread quickly. Just spend a day at work, and take notice of how much you touch that’s been touched by others. It’ll be almost impossible not to be infected. Also, given just how quickly people have developed a siege mentality and stripped the shelves bare of toilet paper, it’s not unreasonable to say the effects of this, may last a while. If you feel my comments are those of someone who is both panicked and part of the tinfoil hat brigade, you’re wrong.

Oh and “my country” is the same one I’ve held a passport for and been a citizen of, for almost 50 years, mate. If you’re talking about Australia.