PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2020, 13:51
LBAflyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
PS - I know I've simplified about the credit crunch but please don't give me a lecture on the details of this - I probably know far more about this than many. The point of this post is that in a free democracy, we end up with a relatively free media who we expect to tell us what is happening in the world - sometimes this will cause panics but a shortage of toilet roll is a lesser evil than having a dictatorship
Which is good. However when it comes to something like the coronavirus they should be informing the public of the facts in a very calm and measured manner to not cause panic. It should also be presented with facts from a reliable source (WHO, GOV). Instead our media don't do that they instead scaremonger and go for emotive language to cause panic. Which will effect many many businesses both indirectly and directly. If they fail to provide these facts in a calm and measured manner from reliable sources (which they should be able to prove where they come from) they should be shut down (like News of the World) and the editors should no longer be able to work in Media since they signed off on hysteria and the owners will be stripped of any owning rights of any media outlet.