PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct bacteriological danger to people working in confined spaces.
Old 8th Mar 2020, 13:15
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
And that's the problem. It seems it needs an Einstein-like equation to spell out the danger to some people.

Turf my colleague off the flight? If I'd know how ill I was going to be I'd have put a bag over his head, but we had hours of waiting for a swap of aircraft in a place where there was no practical means of escape. Though standing in the snow was an option. When a doctor was stethascoping me, he said, "I can't imagine what it was like for you on an aircraft with reduced pressure. It's bad enough in a hospital bed when one is as ill as you are."

Timelines, my solitary farmhouse digs, etc., etc., were all considered. Practically no chance it wasn't careless coughing that caused the issue.

The world's reaction to this flue is astonishing AND IT'S FOR A GOOD REASON. If we'd had that in 1919, a lot of lives would have been saved, though not possible of course where ships were packed with men being bought home. My grandfather survived Flanders, but not the flue. He died of pneumonia about the same time as this brave young lady - there is a website devoted to her now. Her determined face looking out of the sepia photograph always touches my heart.

There must have been a time when she realised the danger she was in, but nursing was a deeply felt duty.

https://heatonhistorygroup.org/2016/...gg-remembered/