PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK to Leave EASA
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2020, 10:52
old,not bold

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Wee Weasley Welshman
The CAA employs as many people today as it did prior to EASA.

That's interesting; I wonder where they all are? Most if not all the regional offices have been closed, staff at Gatwick have been cut back, or so the remainder claim.

I don't know about the Economic Regulation element of the CAA; have they expanded hugely?

I'm not denying your statement, just looking for an explanation.

On a related subject, I wonder what the facts are behind Shapps assertion that EASA was run mainly by Brits who will all come back to the UK and sign up with the CAA to make the dream come true. Like, for example, how many Brits were employed in EASA at senior executive level in July 2019, how many of those would be forced to or wish to leave, and how many of those would actually join the CAA in an equally senior position as soon as they leave EASA. I wonder what the comparative remuneration would look like. (The only 2 Brits I can recall seeing presenting at workshops were, in one case, woefully ignorant of his chosen speciality (the room reacted with incredulous laughter to his answer to one question) and, in the other case, quietly encouraged to relocate his toxic personality from Gatwick to Cologne.)

In short, it sounds to me like another Brexiteer pipe dream. Am I wrong?

Last edited by old,not bold; 8th Mar 2020 at 11:13.