PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct bacteriological danger to people working in confined spaces.
Old 8th Mar 2020, 01:01
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Direct bacteriological danger to people working in confined spaces.

I was on the Lufthansa thread and gave serious thought before making a new post, given the importance of keeping R&N reasonably focussed, but aircrew are particularly vulnerable, being encapsulated together as they are.

I have been near carried off an aircraft and flights cancelled after spending a day with a FO that was coughing . . . a lot. He'd come back to work early because of of widespread sickness. His immune system was up to speed, mine was faced with something new. Double pneumonia about 40 hours after. (specifically bacteriological lung to lung - there is no absolute need to go via the virus phase.)

I'm bewildered by the incessant advice about washing hands - often delivered by talking heads that are spraying at each other. Of course, do it, but do they really think washing hands makes that much difference? This one meter separation thing mentioned on the news - it's a step in the right direction, perhaps two steps, but not enough.

I confess my post on Quora is a rant, though based on decades of observation.

As bizarre as it may seem, if this current issue becomes a true epidemic, we need to stop talking AT each other. There is probably no other single action we could take that would make as much difference.
https://www.quora.com/Is-the-world-b...he-right-light