PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK to Leave EASA
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2020, 23:26
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
From a PAX perspective, I have no desire to see the FAA and their worldview anywhere near the UK. They have as much forgiveness to beg as Boeing.

Yet again we see the British thinking that they can go back to a better time. One of the staples of politcians is to claim that by 'going back' we can 'go forward'. Yet we all know that in our private lives this can never be acheived - so why do so many people buy this idea of a whole country going back to the future? It sounds easy and safe but experience says otherwise.

Whatever the CAA might be now, it is not gold standard for, in all the 19 years I have been in these forums - I have never heard a good word about the CAA. I have heard people defending many things but never the CAA. As has been said, to build up a new organisation will take more then five years. Respect from the rest of the world will have to be earned, especially if we cozy up to the FAA whose name is below mud.

One example of British govt incompetence: They stated that they would secure the borders of this country. We were supposed to have left the EU nearly a year ago - yet our outgoing borders are still open. Consequently, Whitehall has zero idea of who has left, or has not and overstayed their Visa. They had three years to recruit and train staff for that and failed. How long to build up a CAA? I know, just hire in your old mates from the golf course who say they know what to do ...

EASA may be many things but it is agreement with our neighbours and trading partners. Agreements reduce admin costs. But all is being lost by little boys playing at being politicians. The EU has seen three years of Sabre rattling and have our measure.