PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2020, 18:20
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by air pig
Worse still McCafferty is on her way soon, useless woman and the previous one wasn't much better. With the contraction of the RAF over the past years the talent pool is very much diminished to recruit from. Any senior officer worth their salt will have a post retiremt job if they want it well lined up. that leaves ????

There are some posters on Air Cadet Central posting about this debacle but are having to go through FOIs, and are involving MPs and peers. I suspect as I have found in the past, they will be 'snowed' out by as I say lies obfuscation and deceit. The letter they sent to my MP was just a cut and paste job as evidenced by the FOI documents I had. I found the AOC and one of her RCs, unreilable and untruthful in their acts and omissions and that extended down to unit level.
Hi AP There was a real attempt to engage with the disposal process with the aim of returning some of the fleet (without modifications) for AE flying for youth organisations. It became obvious quite early in the process that a determined effort was being made to thwart this despite a very positive input from the LAA. In fact the LAA involvement was treated with some distain by those involved (such was their lack of knowledge of how much expertise the LAA have). The process took on a rather unusual turn when other parties made it their business to try and discredit the LAA route (probably because there was little or no contract work going to be needed), as it was a genuine volunteer low cost option that would have given max benefit of aircraft use and min cost of flying for those who would have benefitted. It would have not stopped Aerobility having machines for their purpose, but of course it also would not have involved another expensive exercise in pretending the fleet needed this 'treatment'. As per the whole of this dreadful sorry state of affairs, the Cadet organisation lost everything, and large amounts of money have been made / spent not providing an airborne service. This will not send waves of concern across the Country because there are plenty of other issues at present that would be seen as more important, but the subject is not closed, and no carpet in the world can cover it up. As mentioned, there have been many voiced concerns on the Cadets own forum, no one is being fooled by the rubbish emanating from Twatter control, and many respected ATC staff are well aware of how badly they have been let down by those at the top.