PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK to Leave EASA
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2020, 15:49
Pricey95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m not too sure how I feel about this with regards to the future, I see both sides of the argument.

I am currently studying for AustroControl ATPL Exams at BGS. I am an English pilot with an (EASA) Irish PPL & Class 1 medical and will probably be finishing my training (MEIR/CPL & APS MCC) after the transition period with EASA ends. Now, my predicament is that I had a UK class 2 medical 2 years before I started my training and the CAA refused to lift a restriction on my medical. Instead of fighting my corner, I transferred my records to the IAA who lifted my restriction and I then gained a Class 1 over in Dublin in November 2019. Now I’m pretty nervous that if I have to try and covert my licenses back to the UK (because of brexit) after my training for employment purposes then the CAA will put a restriction on my records again. Do the CAA keep a record of your records even though you go through the SOLI transfer process?

Can anyone offer their thoughts/advice? Has anyone been through this process before or can relate to it?