PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The F-35 thread, Mk II
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2020, 14:35
Vessbot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Just This Once...
Vessbot - I didn't introduce the topic of G into the equilibrium of flight forces, so you will need to adjust your aim.
My last question does not refer to G, but it depends exactly on the equilibrium of forces in downward motion.

Also, you very much did use G in an example of downward flight, as an argument that concludes from the G indicating zero, to that the forces must be unbalanced in order to descend. This was in support of your incorrect statement that "If your vertical lift vector = weight then you are not descending." I pointed out the flaw in it, namely that the G read in that case is not from an instrument that shows the G in the axis under question, and that the actual G is still 1 (but into your straps, not your seat).

Third, even if you yourself didn't introduce G, it is still very much there in any examination of flight forces: it is merely the force in question divided by weight, so we can talk about a generalized aircraft and start with a number of 1 as a matter of convenience.

But no matter, we can use an example weight instead of G, and examine what happens just the same. To that end, I already sensed that you're not comfortable in your position and will use any tactic available to misdirect/avoid the discussion, which is why I tried to cut out the levels of abstraction as much as possible and demonstrate the concept in the most simple and direct way I can, and asked you about your actual weight in my last question.

So, again, are the forces on your body the same or different in steady downward motion as compared to sitting still?