PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2020, 13:27
RW20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
Besides the former Flybe routes ex Southampton the airport has seen several other airlines and routes disappear over the course of the last decade or two including the following scheduled airlines and destinations.

Aer Lingus...Cork
Air Berlin... Paderborn
Air France... Paris CDG, Paris Orly
BMI Regional... Munich
​​​​​KLM... Amsterdam
VLM... Antwerp, Brussels
Volotea... Ibiza, Palma
Vueling... Barcelona

I haven't included the former British Airways City Flyer destinations as they were replaced by Flybe.

Plus in the past Southampton Airport had the IT charters to the following destinations operated by the likes of Air Europa, Air Malta, BH Air, Euro Atlantic Airways, Iberoworld, Oasis, Spanair, Transeuropa, TUI (Britannia Airways and Thomson), Volotea.

Alicante
Faro
Ibiza
Malaga
Malta
Menorca
Palma
Tenerife
Varna

It's amazing really that Southampton Airport have certainly lost alot of airlines and destinations over the years.
it just underlines what potential SOU had,but sadly the owners and management failed to develop the airport into what it should have been i.e the south's regional airport.
alas this has all gone now,and I believe the airport might regain some of the lost routes,but without the runway capacity it's going to be only a few.
PAX numbers will probably be behind Bournemouth for the first time in a lot of years.How things change!