PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus and Aircraft Cabins
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2020, 21:16
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Aircraft now the least of our worries. Here are two examples that should worry everyone in the UK and may be happening in their own country.

A receptionist from a GP surgery was asked by colleagues in early February if she was still going to take her holiday in South Korea - given how Covid19 was alredy clearly evidenced there? She said that she and her daughter would be fine as they had been to the country before.

The woman came back with flu symptoms and is at home awaiting testing. After a few days, she phoned her office (the surgery) and said, "I'm feeling better now, I can probably come back in next week." She had to be told that, until she had the test and was clear NO. That display of ignorance is from a woman who works IN a medical facility.

The same medical facility had two young men walk in, as they had been on skiing holiday in Italy and one of them had flu symptoms. The staff had to clear the waiting room and the corridor the men had been in for special cleaning. The men thought it funny and had to have it explained to them that the elderly people they met in the street/shops and the waiting room might not appreciate their infection.

Both people had ignored the widely publicised health information that the TV, Radio and Papers have been stating every day for a month.

I know about these events at one single GP surgery, because I know someone who works there.