PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2020, 14:43
valefan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by craigyton2
I completely agree with you on that. It would be nice to see easyJet try the Belfast sector , but I agree it would be Aldergrove if they did and they may decide to concentrate on Birmingham as they already have a operation from there . It is a sad sight to see, so many businesses destinations offered over the years with high frequencies to CDG, AMS and many others , but they all have disappeared. I'm confident the Jersey will continue though , Blue Island have said they will continue to operate the service in there own entity 1x daily.
Loganair might try the Belfast routes? Guess at the moment its wait and see as they are having to expand quickly into routes that have only become available to them (wonder if they will go for a few flybe Dash-8's to pick up more of whats left like they did with bmi's jets)

AMS looks gone for good sadly, same as with CDG and BRU that haven't been picked up (surprised FR dont look at EMA - Charleroi mind for Brussells) would love to see KLM come in as they do a lot of smaller airports such as Norwich but seems unlikely and to make it work ideally you want a morning and evening rotation rather than one flight in mid afternoon!