PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2020, 09:07
craigyton2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EastMids
It would be nice to think easyJet might try twice daily Belfast, but it would likely be BFS not BHD, and the carrier might opt to try to develop BHX further rather than move into another UK airport. I suspect KLM will focus on BHX and not rush into EMA. With BRU already stopped, AMS was EMA's last real connection to a major hub leaving it now with only low-cost routes, charters and the few Loganair domestic services plus Auriigny. It will be interested to see whether EMA gets anything to/from JER this summer (remember the glory days when there were sometimes seven departures on a Saturday). Sad to see routes that have been at EMA almost since day one go, but recent years have shown that frequent scheduled services aimed at the business market are nolonger EMA's forte.

I completely agree with you on that. It would be nice to see easyJet try the Belfast sector , but I agree it would be Aldergrove if they did and they may decide to concentrate on Birmingham as they already have a operation from there . It is a sad sight to see, so many businesses destinations offered over the years with high frequencies to CDG, AMS and many others , but they all have disappeared. I'm confident the Jersey will continue though , Blue Island have said they will continue to operate the service in there own entity 1x daily.