PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA qualified dispatchers in the UK
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2003, 00:10
KLM fod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kind of disheartened about the whole thing, to be honest. Don't know if it's because I'm looking in the wrong places for the vacancies or what but I also studied at Sheffield School in FLL in January and I haven't had an awful lot of interest.

My reasons for studying for the license were primarily to get away from the handling-agent rut that I had got into. I love my job but there seems to be only so far you can go and after 5 years I'm looking for something more.

The license does get you interviews for jobs that would otherwise be a definite 'thanks but no thanks' but because of the knowledge and skills it gives you, these positions often carry additional desires for buckets of experience.

It's a good thing to both experience and to possess, but to repeat another reply on this subject, without the accompanying experience, I don't seem to get any major opportunities.

In comparison, Americans that I studied with who had no aviation experience at all, walked straight into dispatch jobs over there on $50,000 - $60,000 a year. Somebody get me a freakin' Green Card!!!!!!!

I'm hopeful that it will pay off in the years to come and the School and general experience were brilliant. Fingers crossed!