PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2020, 14:29
boredintheairport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by azz767
With Flybe going into administration, what do we think the impacts will be for MAN? It has lost two of its most prominent carriers in the last 7 months.

I should imagine a certain Irish airline will be licking their lips at the new available gate space at T3.

I also wonder if it will have any impacts on the VS growth plans at MAN.

It will also be interesting to see if any of their routes get picked up by the likes of Loganair or Eastern.
It looks like Loganair picked up a couple of the Manchester routes, notably Aberdeen and Edinburgh. No indication on frequencies. Start in the next fortnight or so. It will take a long time to work out the real sustainable demand after the dust of the bankruptcy and the coronavirus challenges.

I think by far the biggest drain on any VS expansion is the collapse in demand. They pushed back the introduction of the Sao Paolo route from Heathrow for a start.

The Loganair booking engine gives numerous daily frequencies, but half have a LM2XXX flight number, appear shadow another flight, and are all default sold out. It seems the flights that stick will be four daily, approx morning, approx midday, approx late afternoon and an evening (certainly on the random Thursday I searched for). Flights are a bit more pricey than Flybe but not by much, and a better value proposition given you get luggage.

Last edited by boredintheairport; 5th Mar 2020 at 14:48.