PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2020, 12:19
Wycombe

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Wycombe View Post
Indeed, BI are offering to fly people with a Flybe reservation for free today, or if no reservation for a £50 all-in walk-up fare at the airport.
This is until they have their own booking engine up and running, which they say they hope to do by Monday, if not sooner.

They are also operating replacement flights from the islands to EXT and BHX today - not normal routes for them.

Good for them.

Also don't understand why the Stobart-operated former Flybe franchise flights could not carry on in a similar way?

If you were a customer not knowing nor caring about franchise arrangements, how would you feel about paying again to board a Flybe branded aircraft?
A lot of BI's Customers are regulars (as I have been recently) and are very well aware that the aircraft is painted in Flybe colours (or not, as at least 3 of the fleet are all white at present) but operated by Blue Islands. It's always mentioned that they are "operated by Blue Islands" in the onboard announcements.

At this time of year, in my recent experience, it's mainly island residents, their visitors, or people travelling for business that are using these flights, so I would say most are well aware of the situation.