PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2020, 09:20
LDNLTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
Greggs were sniffing around the airport when the airport was looking for tenants for its new build as I saw a delegation up there. Haven't been terminal airside for a while but I know Dubl the champaign bar has been closed for around a year. The problem being it is in an island location so no hidden corners for the ovens. Did the last outlet opposite Chanel get occupied? With the perfume shop again on an island the retail outlet was only going to get half the passengers pass it.
So as being said before, I work airside. There we talks of Oriel taking over the DUBL bar which is stagnant and is mostly used by passengers as seating at the moment. Greggs will be opening where cube is (the luggage shop) and is said to open next month but work hasn’t started. I have spoken to a number of staff members too and the amount of complaints which are made about the old departure space being out dated and cramped is incredible. The terminal is a mish mash. I do wish to see the airport improved further inside but we all know this is Luton Airport we are talking about.

I don’t know if this has been mentioned also, but I was reading master plan about T2 and they mention jetways will not be added unless airlines require. So are they expecting to keep their main low cost carriers or will we see new airlines venture out further. Demand could be there but only time will tell. As mentioned before, newer aircraft are capable of using Luton’s 7000ft runway.