PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand Recruitment - Latest
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2020, 08:36
peterpicklepeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little help please

Originally Posted by High_To_Low
HOOROO,

I went through the interview process Mid 2016 and was successful (A320 FO) but unfortunately due to family reasons at the time was unable to accept the job ☹️. I'm from across the ditch (Aussie side) and sounds like the same operator as you (I had around 3000hr on the A320).

The 2 day process is well run, very enjoyable and professional. They really want to get to get to know YOU as a person. Everyone is very friendly and is there to see you succeed not try and trip you up. I was the only Aussie on my interview day and after a few little jokes and some friendly banter they were very accepting (mind you I do have family in NZ so having a connection to the land of the long white cloud helps with showing your motivation as to why you want to commit to AirNZ...remember it's a career commitment and you will have to move).

I was in the same boat as you - fair bit of experience on the A320 but really wanted an SO slot to experience long haul international ops etc HR is very accomodating to your request for fleet preference but with AirNZ being such a seniority based airline they are limited in what they can do. I'm lucky that I already had a few mates there already and I knew that my chance of getting an SO slot was pretty much non existent as guys who were recruited directly onto the A320 ahead of me were scrambling for any SO slot. Remember, all the internals get offered the SO/A320 FO slots first before the left overs are released to new hires. Prior to my recruitment day there were a fair few new hires who got 787/777 SO but pretty much from mid 2016 it was all A320 FO bar a few.

It's a brilliant airline and I am gutted that I had to say no but family has to come first.

If you need anymore info send us a PM - more than happy to help
just want to ask what can I do to prepare for a test and interview etc

regards peter