PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2020, 07:02
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air India

[QUOTE=Harrych;10702224]According to routes online Air India will move the BOM service to LHR in S20. The Amritsar flights look to be open for reservation up until the start of W20/21 season, however the rest of their network is open until S21 so it’s not looking good for the ATQ route either. I hope AI do stay at STN they seem to be popular and their fares to ATQ aren’t cheap!

Sad to see the BOM route leave for LHR, given that it has only been in operation for less than a month, although I can't say it was an unexpected move either. I just hope that AI will remain at STN with the ATQ service at least, and hopefully expand their presence here- wasn't there talk of AI wanting to open up a London-Goa route in place of Jet Airways at one point?

Also, on the subject of new airlines at STN- now that AtlasGlobal have ceased trading, what are the chances of TK mainline stepping in and taking over the STN-IST route? I would've thought such a move would make sense strategically, given the vast number of connections available through IST as opposed to SAW.