PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 4th Mar 2020, 22:34
glenb

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts
Crawford, Aleck and Martin

There can be no doubt that there is a dangerous trio in substantial roles within CASA.

Aleck, Crawford and Martin. Having met them all, there is no doubt in my mind. This is the same trio whose conduct lead to a 4 Corners investigative story on CASA. It was a story about a gentleman called Bruce Rhoades who had the same experience with this trio that I have had. Tragically he died before he could hold them to account.

It involves acting with bad intention, breaches of administrative law, fabrication of facts and evidence. They decide the outcome that they want and then reverse engineer the outcome that they desire. They impact on business, compromise safety, and show a flagrant disregard for Administrative law, natural justice, procedural fairness, ethics, the Ministers Statement of Expectations, the PGPA act and CASAs regulatory philosophy. They have no hesitation in utilising a million dollars of CASA funding to achieve their outcome.

None of their actions are justified on aviation safety, and in fact they have never tried to justify their conduct on aviation safety. Unfortunately, they act with I impunity because they have a Chairperson of the Board who is way out of his depth, and has no moral compass himself. He gets away with it because we have a Deputy Prime Minister responsible for CASA who is impotent and ineffective, and has no spine.

There is no doubt that CASA action is based on comments I have made publicly, and in fact those are the very words that McHeyzer used when he directed my employer to terminate my employment, and the goose did it in writing. Unfortunately he’s a bit of an amateur, but under the mentoring of Crawford, Aleck and Martin, I’m sure he has a lot of potential.

My mistake was to put my name to my comments, I predicted that the new legislative program was hopelessly mismanaged and would destroy rural aviation as it has, I predicted it would waste half a billion dollars of taxpayers money with no safety benefit, as it has, I predicted that the regulatory program would decimate the Australian owned sector of the industry and facilitate massive foreign owned penetration, as it has, and I told them they had failed to achieve clear and concise aviation safety standards as is required of them by the Act, which cannot be denied.

I underestimated their lack of ethics, and that was my mistake. I thought I could depend on my local member Gladys Liu, but her foot is firmly in the camp of Chinese interests, as has been shown. She ignores repeated requests for a meeting.

As I have stated before I have lost everything over this and at 3pm today I meet with Uniting Care to arrange crisis accommodation for my family. There is absolutely no proportionality in the actions of these people. It cannot be justified. At 55 years of age they have destroyed any chance of me and my wife being independent in retirement.

I have little hope of ethics prevailing, will continue to pursue a legal option, but I will definitely work tirelessly to exposing their conduct. Good personnel continue to leave the organisation because of the corporate culture that current leadership in the organisation facilitates. A fish rots from the head first. Hopefully a change of government or a change of National Party leadership may turn CASA around, but I fear by then our GA industry will be destroyed.