PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2020, 15:06
euromanxdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FFMAN
*Speculation Alert*
It seems pretty obvious what the owners are doing.
They appear to be happy to let FlyBe roll slowly over the cliff along with its liabilites (the £100m APD / lease payments etc). That leaves them unencumbered to start another version of FlyBe which *might* be run better from the start.
My bet is that the owners know exactly what they are doing - they will not be putting any more money in (good money after bad) and they have only asked HMG for more money as a speculative punt (nothing more to lose).
The damage was done many years ago and those in charge at the time should be ashamed of themselves.
I've used FlyBe countless times over the years and I'm genuinely sorry that it's come to this. I was on an almost full FlyBe EMB175 just last week and I was amazed and humbled by the fortitude and professionalism of the MAN based crew given their personal circumstances.
Hopefully something more sustainable will replace it and take on the viable routes and re-employ the excellent staff that work there.
Good luck to all
Thanks FFMAN - very kind of you to say. Will pass it on to rest of my colleagues here in MAN.

I’ve said it once, said it twice and I’ll say it again.
We have been Lions led by Donkeys.