PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2020, 14:55
Rottweiler22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only time I’ve heard of airlines pulling job offers in the last few years, is before a contract is signed and from people practically in hold pools. I know a few cadets who had offers from RYR withdrawn last year due to their “restructuring” late summer. However, this was shortly after the assessment outcome, and as far as I know it was a pre-offer with a “rough” start date and no contract at that time. Given the typical “we’ll keep you on file, and let you know when we start running courses again” lip service. A regional airline did the same with cadets when they hit a bit of rough air, except they were told to PFO.

I’m very confident those with signed contracts and start dates have nothing to worry about whatsoever. And I think the odds of those in the pool are just as well. It will just be a few anxious months of waiting for BA to pull their finger out and get back on track after this fiasco.

I’m still waiting for the sim, so can’t see that happening until the Summer. No response from recruitment.

Got to stay positive. Just not tested positive for Coronavirus.