PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2020, 09:23
Set 1013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fernlee
Flybe is vital to the UK economy, it’s not just another airline , the government needs to act now , flybe going under would cause a big hit to the economy , Bookings are way down as a result of the needles panic , action is needed ASAP,

And we are not talking about vast sums here either ...
I appreciate you and the organisation are desperate for an injection of funding, I really do understand the situation. Again I or anyone else doesn't want to see the company collapse or see anyone out of work.

However remaining realistic as I'm now emotionally detached from this current situation. Flybe is NOT vital to the UK economy. It provides a well used service that could be replaced.

If and I emphasize if flybe were to collapse, the few vital routes would be operational again within the next IATA season by either of the following.

A) other operators would leap onto those profitable and viable routes.

B) Stobart (still a separate company) are still desperate to expand in the regional sector. What's to stop them during the administration process snapping up some Q400's and slots etc to expand and cover those routes? Jobs offered back to the crews to get the operation up and running again. Stobart are a lean and profitable company which would expand with the ex flybe profitable routes, aircraft and crews. No ex flybe debts or bad leases etc to hold them back.

I certainly wouldn't be hanging my hat on the belief that flybe is so important to the UK that HMG will pump hundreds of millions into it. Most other airlines will be soaring above like vultures waiting to take on those viable and profitable routes.