PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand Recruitment - Latest
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2020, 23:02
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Brakerider
Why on earth should you need jet experience to get an SO gig? You're making it out like they're recruiting for the Space Shuttle. If you've been an ATR/Dash Captain, I'm positive an A320 command within 6 years is well within your skillset.
Where on earth did I say you needed Jet time for an SO gig? (Which it’s not by the way, since we don’t recruit career SO’s).
Its strange however, that an A320 Command should be in the skill set for a former ATR/Dash Captain (after 6 years in the middle seat) while several of them have failed their Type ratings or SO line training.
Its also interesting to note that the ones complaining the most about experience requirements for Commands are most often those with no Window seat time. Ignorance is bliss I suppose. No, it’s not a space shuttle but the company doesn’t just hand Commands out of a cereal box either.

As I’ve said, all applicants should have equal opportunities to join. This constant flip flopping between external and internal has always been a cluster. Neither group is “special” they simply bring different experiences to the Airline. The A320 training department is full of externals who have brought a wealth of knowledge from other carriers for example.