PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VPN Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2020, 21:47
FullOppositeRudder

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I used Express VPN last year to view the major cycling events in the northern hemisphere, and also for our own excursion into EU in August / September. It was trouble free, fast and expensive. Being a miserable old coot, I could try something else this year, but I already have the account (dormant at present) and the software installed for E-VPN in the relevant computer(s) so I'll probably stay with them. It's only money after all. Besides the virus might fell me by then anyway, so what does it matter (Heck I'm coming out on the grim side this morning; perhaps I need another coffee, or should I go straight to the whiskey cupboard ...).

One final point can be made about my Express VPN purchase. I had stumbled into the assumption that the prices quoted were in AU dollars. There was nothing observed at the time to indicate otherwise. When I subsequently checked the paypal balance, I discovered that the prices and transaction were all in $US, making it even more expensive than I thought. I protested; no change, but the site now makes it quite clear about which currency they are working with. I'm now very astute about all such transactions where the base currency units are somewhat ambiguous.