PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2020, 18:20
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
The reason that the media are having such a splurge is two fold:
  1. It makes a change from all the political news that affects every country right now. The media love to play new stories
  2. It is a new thing. YES millions die of cancer and on the roads and by suicide - but those are known about and in every day experience. Something that might arrive 'out of the blue' to kill you? That becomes news and people want to know new stories.
Superpilot
Headline grabbing interpretation and opinions mean we are once again looking at another recession.
I regret to say that the recession was all T-eed up ready to go. For two years, I have seen the debt numbers being built up by companies and states. Since the 2008 crisis, the politicians and banks printed money and did not send anyone to jail - there has been no change to the underlying structure of the banking system. The banks and companies with long delivery routes of 'just in time' should have been expecting something like this and planning for it. Except that, if you have outsourced to the other side of the world - there s not much you can do.

The recession may, or may not, be triggered by Covid19 but it is going happen in the very near future no matter what. Airlines were going to have to park up and lose staff anyway - just like it always happens.

I started making my financial preparations for this recession three years ago as it was clearly on the horizon then.