PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Detecting Propeller load variations on the vertical plane
Old 3rd Mar 2020, 09:23
Jhieminga

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
A couple of quick points:
  • Ailerons are not kept deflected during a sustained turn. Once the needed bank angle has been attained, you keep the ailerons neutral to kill the roll rate.
  • Wing drop is a behaviour associated with the stall. Once his occurs, you have exceeded your critical angle of attack on that wing and aileron input won't solve that.
  • If I'm reading your second paragraph right, you're assuming that a local flow at the wing is influencing prop loading upstream of that wing. I can't see that happening. Without delving into it, I'd hazard a guess that the influence of the wing is negligable at the prop. See my previous post, but also, consider the relative size of the speed vectors involved. A prop is essentially a bit of wing on a circular path, and you can look at the local speed vectors for that bit of wing to see what's happening.
  • Adding power to increase the turn rate is never done because adding power will increase your speed, which will decrease your turn rate. That's basic physics and has nothing to do with a prop or a jet. See here: https://aviation.stackexchange.com/q...d-rate-of-turn