PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2020, 09:17
Jetscream 32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think HMG would be in a very difficult position regarding any taxpayers funding to support the airline in this thread - as it would, I think probably need to extend an offer to ALL UK airlines as ALL of them are seeing a rapid increase in no-shows and hesitancy on future bookings due to Covid-19.

No-one has a timeline on when the hysteria and panic will abate or when confidence will return to load factors - it's one thing maintaining schedules and slots, but if you are flying with 30% load factor, then you are onto a short term business plan with a limited lifeline - the fixed costs of the airline don't change, just the losses get bigger and irrecoverable.

If HMG does broadcast and go down the route of promoting 'Social Distancing' working from home if possible and avoiding unnecessary travel and forecasting this might be around till the summer then I think it would be foolish to think things will still be rose-tinted. At some point, common-sense needs to enacted by the management and the valuable staff communicated with for a 3-degree approach to a soft landing - rather than a double fan-stop and leaving the staff with no parachute!