PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS EA10 BUSTED.......A SECRET RIN
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2020, 00:53
Ruvap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by normanton
You sure about that mate?

There is no 350 negotiating table in April. What happens when the 350 goes to a new entity?

380's and 330's are retired from mainline, of course replace by 350's under the new entity.

What happens to the mainline pilots then? RINd.

What happens to the junior pilots then? LWOP or redundancy.

Do you know what redundancy is? Yeah that's right, you loose your job.

Your logic is flawed. Please stop providing misguided advice.

Spot on. Don't think they wont do it, because they will. Just look at the cabin crew.

I have more jet time than you may think. Lets keep it on subject shall we.

To answer your question, with the way some LHS drivers and senior pilots have been talking regarding the negotiations - I've learnt that some of them are narrow minded short term thinkers, who only care about themselves, their legacy conditions, and doing everything possible to protect them, at the expense of the majority of the pilots, and the future of the LH EBA and mainline. After all, they will be retired in x years, and its obvious they don't give a ****.

I agree with the last four words of your post. Many won’t give a **** when you or your colleagues inevitably start complaining about the negative impact upon your health that 20.5 hours stick and 23.5 hours duty will have on you, least of all Tino & Co. They have conceded that more info is needed to properly understand the fatigue side so if that is true, why are we even trying to ‘value’ what this new kind of flying is worth now. Should we wait a bit longer? Don’t the pilots deserve more data on fatigue and health issues before deciding on what rates are applicable to this new uncharted area of international flying ops!? IMO, a YES vote is crazy and it just means you are happy to bend over for QF.