PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview question: Why do you want to be a pilot?
Old 2nd Mar 2020, 20:13
lilykatebug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Why I want to be a pilot

Originally Posted by emmat
pls send me your answers to the interview questions 'why do you want to be a pilot' I would be very much grateful if you grant my request. Thanks
This was my essay included in my application to flight school, hope it helps (: Being raised in a family of pilots I have always had a certain wonder for the world of flight. I remember the day my dad got his private pilot's license vividly. It was a gorgeous, cloudless day and after he successfully completed his flight we spent the entire day in the air, flying over our friends houses and my family’s own house. I think it was that day when everything really snapped in my head, that this was what I wanted to do. Since that day in 2018 I have imagined this moment, writing this essay, to get into a flight program I could only dream of being in.

Flying to me is an escape. It’s being in a space away from the chaos, where I can truly relax and focus on something I love. The feeling of being so far away from everything and the sense of control is just so enticing to me, I can safely say I’m obsessed with flying. When flying I get the impression that I am alone in the world, when it’s just me and my dad in the plane thousands of feet above the ground, with only the view around us, it’s that sort of de-connection that really pulls me into aviation.

I need to be a commercial aircraft pilot. It’s not an option for me. This is an obligation I have made for myself, a goal that I will not quit at until successful. Being a pilot I feel you are always learning, there is always something to educate yourself on or improve, and that is a huge reason being a pilot is so fascinating to me. I am a quick learner, a people person, I pride myself on my communication skills and my desire to do better no matter what and I know these are some traits that make a great pilot. I will be a great pilot.

Being accepted into this program is one of my dreams. TSTC has always been a big option for me, since 2019, and after my second tour this year I really fell in love. I can promise I will put everything I can towards this and try my absolute best to be the best pilot I can possibly be.